Our client, a Tier 1 Construction company is looking to hire a Site Engineer & Senior Engineer to join their team based in Cork.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Review of the design and associated programme of works in conjunction with the Senior Engineer and extended construction team.
- Take instruction from the Senior Engineer and take responsibility for understanding both short term and long terms goals. Constantly review with the Senior Engineer taking note of ongoing changes to the plan and be able to react to these changes timely.
- Communicate with the Senior Engineer and the wider construction team daily to understand key priorities.
- Once established in the role, provide necessary leadership to any assistant engineering staff reporting directly to you. Understand any mentoring and training requirements with direction from the Senior Engineer.
- Liaise with the Senior Engineer to ensure that the construction team has all the required information to construct the Works.
- Upload weekly RFI (Request for Information) Schedules and discuss in detail with the Senior Engineer to understand and technical details subject to further clarification / possible change. Raise RFIs for review by the Senior Engineer as required.
- Understand the programme and take responsibility for understanding in advance when design information is required. Where design may be late and cause possible impact to the programme, clearly report this to the Senior Engineer.
- Review all applicable Inspection and Test Plans that provide the necessary inspections and hold points during construction
- Generate method statements and risk assessments in conjunction with the wider team timely, ensuring buildability and safe systems of works are prioritised at all times.
- As may be required and under direction from the Senior Engineer, carry out inspections of the works.
- Under direction from the Senior Engineer, learn about how we implement temporary works within your scope of works with a view to being responsible for same when you reach the appropriate level of competence and experience.
- Maintain a detailed diary with relevant information as agreed with the Senior Engineer. Ensure the project standard for record keeping is followed. Provide information on all events that may have an impact on the programme or commercial matters
- Ensure that issues with design coordination are immediately flagged to the Senior Engineer or Design Coordinator. Attend weekly design meetings as required. Ensure BIM usage is being employed to maximise gains from builders’ work point of view etc. (This may involve training
- As the works progress populate the NCR (non-conformance report) register and maintain during construction. Hold responsible persons and contractors to account and provide detailed weekly reports to the project management team and commercial team on progress / non-compliance.
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- Must have an ability to work within a dynamic team of professionals
- Must have an ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Must have an ability to work well within a deadline environment
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience (Senior Engineer) with a Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- Motivated individual that likes to work in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com