Our client is currently seeking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor based in Galway.
- Provide support and advice to colleagues, subcontractor personnel and other third parties.
- Proper reporting of accidents, incidents and near misses in an accurate and timely fashion and assist with investigations in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Conduct site safety inspections, audits and risk assessments as required and ensure that management personnel put appropriate action plans in place.
- Conduct regular reviews on corrective actions arising from incidents, inspections and audits.
- Ensure HSE policies and procedures are fully implemented and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Assist with the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that HSE lessons learnt and other initiatives are properly communicated.
- Provide a proactive approach to problem solving and to the various aspects of day-to-day health, safety and environmental management.
- The successful candidate should have 3rd level qualifications in health & safety and at least 3 years experience in a similar role, gained in construction with a main contractor in Ireland or the UK.
- They should possess a sound understanding of health and safety legislation and an ability to evaluate current and emerging trends in health and safety management.
- They should be self-motivated, show excellent initiative, be able to quickly resolve issues and be able to integrate well into a project team, while possessing the level of independent that this role required.
Salary: €40000-€45000 per year
Apply now with CV or call 071 9633649 for more information on this role