Due to continued success, our client his hiring a Health & Safety Officer to join their expanding team in Cork.
As a Senior Health and Safety Manager, you will play a critical role in establishing and maintaining a safe working environment on all our projects. Your responsibilities will include developing and implementing safety policies and procedures, conducting regular inspections, identifying potential hazards, and promoting a culture of safety throughout the organization.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure compliance with all regulatory and company requirements relating to organisations activities.
- Compiling Method Statements, Risk Assessments, carrying out Audits and all other H&S obligations on the various Construction Sites.
- Responsibility for the supporting the ongoing maintenance and development of the Environmental, Health, Safety Management Systems.
- Communicate effectively throughout the company on EHS issues and to actively participate in management meetings
- Support communications and relationship with all Regulatory Bodies to best represent the interests and intentions of the company
- To promote the development of a positive EHS culture within the organisation/Facility
- To carry out risk assessments and hazard identification
- To effectively communicate EHS requirements to staff through meetings, toolbox talks and learn from events
- To coordinate and deliver EHS related training, (company requirements, procedures new legal requirements etc.), inductions, staff training, ISO procedures, etc.
- Audit, control & manage the various Sub-contractor H&S Documentations, Insurance policies, etc.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience:
- Third level qualification in Health & Safety or similar is required.
- Quality Experience is favourable.
- At least 6 years’ experience within a Construction H&S role.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Full drivers licence required.